Primer acquires Yonder, adds disinformation analysis to AI portfolio for information operations. Read More
Primer’s solutions use AI to help the DOD transform petabytes of data into Open Source Intelligence (OSINT)
There’s an endless amount of open source information available, especially relating to breaking issues. Yet, open-source information is not clean, organized, reliable, or authoritative, which overwhelms analysts relying on it to gain real-time intelligence for situational awareness. Government entities need to leverage AI-powered solutions to harness the power of the information found in open-source reporting.
Too much data, too little time and resources
We have zettabytes of global data at our fingertips. Still, only 20 percent is utilized, leaving 80% of the world’s most valuable information sitting idle in unstructured, text-based data such as social media, news feeds, audio recordings, and video feeds. Moreover, processing, analyzing, and drawing actionable insights from this volume of data require a large, highly-skilled workforce. Yet, no matter how much time or human capital you have, you can’t even begin to scratch the surface of this data—and promptly at that.
Unlocking the full potential of information with AI & NLP
By leveraging artificial intelligence (AI), government entities can transform petabytes of information into Open Source Intelligence (OSINT). The Department of Defense (DOD) defines OSINT as “intelligence that is produced from publicly available information and is collected, exploited, and disseminated on time to an appropriate audience for the purpose of addressing a specific intelligence requirement.
Read more: AI for Open-Source Intelligence is a Key Mission-Critical Capability in 2022
Powered by natural language processing (NLP), AI machine learning tools automate information gathering and then inject this information into knowledge bases that cluster, curate, and organize it into specific areas of interest. Primer’s solution is designed to automate the discovery and sharing of information with speed, precision, comprehension, and scale, enabling change agents to access real-time data.
Solving the DOD’s top data challenges
Primer platform meets the requirements set forth by the 2022 DOD Data Strategy, otherwise known as VAULTIS: visible, accessible, understandable, linked, trustworthy, interoperable, and secure. Primer’s technologies are interoperable, meaning that they are modular and can easily integrate with other technologies in cloud and on-premise environments. Additionally, Primer deployment can be a shared resource between services, collapsing silos and reducing duplicative spending.
Primer’s NLP models search and analyze open-source information more rapidly than human analysts by pulling out key intelligence deliverables such as people profiles, situation reports, and taskings. These models help analysts quickly and more accurately identify suspected information operations and enable faster source validation.
Specifically, Primer Platform enables the DOD to:
- Create machine-generated, self-updating entity profiles
- Curate data to understand information operations
- Automate situation and watch floor reports
- Leverage AI-powered multi-intelligence analysis for historical and current datasets
- Supercharge its counter-operations
As breaking events unfold, change agents need to be able to act with agility and confidence. With AI, front-line analysts, operators, and decision-makers can ingest and access incoming unstructured open-source information and transform it into real-time intelligence to better achieve their mission objective.
Read the white paper: AI for Open-Source Intelligence is a Key Mission-Critical Capability in 2022